Help Deciding

I've been away from the community for a few years so I'm a bit rusty about CC. I haven't used the CC since it went to CC3 so I own CC2 Pro. I'm in need of a program that will allow me to draft some full size plans to use in making leather armor. I know that CC2 Pro can be used for this purpose but my real question is can you use CC3 to do normal drafting type projects? I just need to do lines on paper for right now.

Comments

• Sure, no problem. If you have DD2 or Character Artist I would start with one of their templates. If not start a drawing and change the units to something that seem right for the project. When you need to print, print 1 to 1 and tile the pages.

Ask questions about the details here.
  • I think you misunderstood. I am drafting plans to make leather armor for my son. I need a drafting tool. I know I can do it in CC2, but if CC3 will also work as a straight drafting tool, I'll upgrade. Either way the learning curve will be about the same.

Thanks though for the suggestion
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited November 2009
    Hi mleick,

CC3 still has all the CAD tools that CC2 Pro had (and they work the same) like lines, paths, boxes, circles, arcs, polys, multipoly, attachment modifiers, coordinates, offsets etc. You can even ignore the way CC3 now uses sheets (for effects etc) by doing all your drawing on the Common sheet and relying on layers only like in CC2. So yeah, you can still do basic drafting in CC3 like you could with CC2 Pro.

With CC3, however, you'll get all the new cool stuff like better drawing tools, sheet effects, better bitmap (JPG, PNG or BMP) output etc., which is only an added bonus. :)

Hope this helps - I've been using Profantasy software for about ten years, so I'm pretty well versed in the old (higher learning curve CAD) ways of doing things before CC2 Pro and the first drawing tools came out.
  • Yep that is what I wanted to know. I've had CC since the OLD days too and upgraded along the way. If you search the archives there may even be a few items I submitted for challenges, like my Wailing Wench Tavern.

Thanks again for the response.
  • Yeah, I have a copy of that challenge.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    CC2 Pro is a subset of CC3, so yes, it can do anything CC2 Pro can.