Bitmap Resolutions for Fills

I m running Windows 7 Ultimate... and I have intalled CC3 and all its addons without a problem. Sometimes though, working on a hybrid of CD3-A bitmaps... I get crashes, but only when I am redrawing and have 'effects on'. I created some custom bitmaps based on some of the low fields 'colors' by using photoshop and I kept the resolution for those bitmaps 100x100 LO, and named them with the standard naming convention that I am assuming CC3/CD3 uses to communicate to the 'rendering of bitmaps engine' when to use what bitmap... I guess, (these are fills). So... is the fact that I was lazy and did not create the VH, HI, VL bitmap versions and set the rendering of bitmaps to the highest value have something to do with it.

When I just have the LO custom bitmaps of th fields... it seems like it has to renderup with multipule redraws to caculate or compensate what it weould be like. So, my question is, is this indeed happening? Does CC3 genrally behave better when it comes to eating up memory if I have the other bitmap fills avaliable?

Comments

• I have the same problem on XP. What I do is Hide a few sheets (usually ones I don't need) & resave & redraw. That usually clears the issue. I can even unhide the sheets I had previously hidden.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    You should create all the resolutions or none. CC3 is not really designed to handle fills with missing files. CC3 will import fill styles for you and create the other resolutions, so there is not excuse!