DD3 - Creating Map with no fill

Hi

I just want to create a DD3 map with no background fill but can't seem to find a way to do it. I'm sure it's really simple and stupid, but if someone could point it out, it'd be great.

Thank

Gary

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you create it using the wizard, when you get to the map background choice, just uncheck the "Map Background" check box.
  • Yep, knew it was stupid. I was clicking 'Finish' one screen too early and never, ever saw the 'Next' button to get to that checkbox until you said that.

Thanks
  • Of course you can always select the "Background" sheet, hide all the other sheets, then select "Erase" and drag the selection over the background fill, then perform the erasure (by whatever means you've told CC3 to perform the requested action). Voila! No more background fill.

I bet what you were looking for was a easy and quick way to set up a map and prevent the background from being created in the first place though so Monsen's answer is absolutely correct. It's just nice to know there are so many ways to accomplish a task in CC3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2008
    Posted By: LatharionIt's just nice to know there are so many ways to accomplish a task in CC3.
    Definitively. Flexibility like this is one of the big strengths of Campaign Cartographer, and why I have come to love it so much. (Once I learned how to use it :))