Problems with layers and hatching

Hello everyone. I've been using CC on and off for about 3 years now but I haven't really started digging in to it until a few days ago. I have a couple issues with it as I have been working on my latest project, a set of modern geomorphs for use in a Mutants and Masterminds game I'm running.

First. most of the drawing tools seem to consist of the same Color #41 box with no hatching in it regardless of the title of the tool, IN fact the vast majority of the tools appear like this.

Secondly. for some reason no matter what layer I start drawing on, most of what I draw seems to end up on the MERGE layer. Does anyone know why CC3 seems to have this obsession with that layer and how I can stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For the first problem. Are you trying to use other drawing tools than the default ones for the map type you have started? A CC3 template only includes the fill types necessary for the current map style, so using drawing tools designed for another map style will cause all the draw tools to appear without a fill. For a fix to this, see this post

Unfortunately, I don't have a tip for the second issue. I am unable to coax my CC3 into reproducing this. Maybe someone else knows something. I not, maybe if you tell us witch template, and which drawing style you are using, I could try to reproduce it.
  • Thanks Monsen. Your suggestions helped.

I also went back and refreshed myself on the essentials PDF's and familiarized myself with sheets and layers. That's where I think the problem came from. My map started out as city Designer pro map so all the textures where wrong. Also coming from an Autocad background, I was misunderstanding the difference between the sheets and layers.

I went back and started a new map using DD3 bitmap textures and now it looks much better. Also I'm controlling the layering with sheets now.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Glad you got it sorted out. Happy mapping.