Doubled copies

I'm guessing that I inadvertently toggled an option that I can't find to untoggle.

Whenever I copy an entity, it makes two copies of the entity some distance apart.

How do I reset to normal?

Comments

• Hi Robin - welcome to the CC3 message boards! I've always been a fan of your work.

After you place the copy, are you *right* clicking the mouse to end the command? A second left click will place another copy (not end the command), and if you go immediately to clicking another command (which also cancels out most commands), you might not realize you've done that (placed a second copy).

Also, check these settings: Go to Tools -> Options to get the Options dialog box. Under Selection Options, make sure "Select with right button context menu" is checked, and "Enable left button pre-selection" is NOT checked.

Hope this is helpful.
  • Thanks for the kind welcome.

I'm definitely only clicking once, but getting two copies of the single entity.

My options are checked and unchecked, respectively, as you suggest.
  • Hmmm. Maybe the entity you are copying is grouped somehow to a duplicate of itself (and "double" part is hidden under something or on a hidden sheet or layer). Check this by selecting Info -> List and then select the item you want to copy, right click and select "do it". The blue box will let you know if it's grouped (plus tell you all sorts of other useful info about the item like the sheet and layer it's on, color, what it's made up of etc.). If it is grouped, go to Tools -> Groups -> Ungroup, select the item, right click and say "do it". Then try copying the item.
  • The problem is with every entity I copy, so it can't be grouping.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That's a very strange error that I haven't seen before and which I can't think of a simple setting to cause. Does this happen only in the map you're working on? Or also if you start a new map?
  • It's just happening in the one map.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Than it's something to do with entities in the map itself. Can you send it to me that I can take a look at it? Email ralf@profantasy.com.

Ciao, Ralf