Map Styles and Examples

So I know maps in general have styles, and I believe I seen some of those styles named, but does anyone know the location of a list with some examples?

-Avotas

Comments

• If you want to see a complete list of all the styles installed in your instance of CC3 (including those from any add-ons you have installed like DD3, CD3, or the Annuals), open any FCW map and go to File -> Drawing Properties and you will get the Drawing presets dialog box. In the Drawtools style pull down list, you will see a complete listing of all the drawing styles installed. By default, the list will be "set" at the drawing tools style of the map you opened. You can change the style of the map from there too, but be aware that you could possibly get some weird looking results if the map styles are radically different - using City drawing styles in an overland map, for example. Click on the Draw Tools button on the left side tool bar to see the different drawing tools available to you in the particular style set for any map.

As for examples, you'll need to open the example FCW files that were installed in various locations in your profantasy/cc3 folder when you installed CC3 (and DD3, CD3, the Annuals, etc.) to see sample maps that use these styles.
  • edited October 2009
    This is more of a question between artistic styles, like Anime vs Animation Cartoon. They are both animation, but there is a drastic difference in appearance. I heard of maps being "drawn in XXX style" and I am looking for a list of those styles.

-Avotas
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I don't think there is a compiled list anywere. Most of the non-core styles comes from the annuals though, so by looking through them, you should find most styles. In addition, you have the cores style of CC3, which you can have a look at at the CC3 product page, and the styles added through various addons and symbols sets, which you will see on the individual product page of that addon.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I really should compile a list .... there's a lot available now with all the Annuals.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    A style gallery on the website with the requirements for each map type would be very useful.