SM: Cities problems with Vista

When I go into CC3 and click on the SM:C icon, a small window opens. On that list i choose "Background and adventures". This opens an internet explorer page which describes what each adventure contains. I then receive a message from internet explorer that "All active x controls in this window have been deactivated". I click on the message to allow the active x content, then hit refresh. Nothing happens.

How do I reach the background and adventure information? I have firefox on this computer also, but the program always opens an IE window.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Is FireFox your default browser? It should open the page up in your default browser. On my computer, it opens up in FireFox just fine. Granted, I am not using Vista, but since the program obviously does not call iexplore directly, there shouldn't really be a difference here.
    Anyway, you should be able to open the files manually. Just go into your Source Maps: Cities install directory, and inside the cities\Info subdirectory, you will find all the .html files. Just open any one of these up in your browser. I believe all of them have the navigational links needed to brows through to the rest of the collection.

As for IE, I get the same message, but after clicking allow, everything works fine. I think it is the navigational scripts it reacts on (javascripts).
  • I have to open them manually as well. I tried having CC3 open, I don't have CC2 on this computer, when I selected maps from the web page, but still didn't load. I was able to load them manually.

My computer is using Vista Home premium, 3 gigs ram, NVidia GeForce G100 video card.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    They are just html files with javascript. If Javascript is enabled, they should work.
  • Clicking on the link to the map while on the Cities web page doesn't open the fcw file.
  • Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.