Two questions here...

Hey everyone I've got a couple questions I'm hoping someone can help with...

1. Is there any tool that allows you to measure distances on your map while using CC3? I'm thinking of something like the tape measure tool in Fractal Terrains. I'd love to be able to measure distances while I'm working and not have to zoom out to try to guess the distance by visually referencing the scale bar.

2. When I place a contour that runs off the edge of the map, and I set an inner edge fade on that contour sheet, the inner edge fade reacts to the map border. In other words, say I place a dark mountains contour that runs up against the border of the map that has an inner edge fade effect with an edge width of 8. All along that map border, the inner edge fade effect causes the border edge to fade the mountains out to 8. Is there any way to stop the sheet from reacting to the map border?

I hope that I've explained the second problem adequately. If anybody understands what I'm trying to convey here and has a solution I'd be eternally grateful. =)

Thanks all,
Steve

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited October 2009
    1. On the menu bar, select Info -> Distance. The Distance command lets you get a precise distance between two points on your map. Length Along, also on the Info menu, can be useful too for getting a precise distance between two points on things like rivers and roads which don't follow a straight line and have curves, turns etc. Distance gives you a straight line measurement between two points "as the crow flies", whereas Length Along gives you u the actual distance you would be traveling down a river or along a road.

As for the second question, I'm not sure - I'd have to see it to try and figure it out.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    As for the second question, the only way to avoid this is to have the contours extend under a screening polygon (on the map border or its own sheet), so that this hides the edge fade. Unfortunately there is no way to tell the effect that it should not fade a certain edge.
  • Actually, that sounds like a good enough answer to me. Who cares how you pluck the turkey as long as the turkey gets plucked. =)