cc3 just randomly stops working

i have cc3 on my laptop and desk top, but i tend to do most of my work on my laptop. Sometimes for no real reason the program just announces that it is going to shut down, and then closes. I have just learned to save after about every change i make, which is honestly pretty good habit anyway.

but tonight i was trying to save a map as a jpg file (or any image really) and cc3 shut down every time, making it impossible to save the image. so i put the files on a flash drive and took them to my desk top where i was able to save them as jpgs on the first try. I have also never had the issue with cc3 shutting down on my desk top either.

have any of you ever heard of anything like this? is there anything i can do to fix it? I am not the most computer savvy person out there, but i can give you any information you need. i just don't know where to begin.

thanks.

Comments

• You know, I'd really like to see an answer to this also. I've just purchased my copy of CC3 and installed it last week. I run Windows XP-SP3. I have to save after every single change I make to my map if I don't want to lose it, and in the short time I've been using the app, the "Campaign Cartographer 3 has encountered a problem and needs to shut down." window has become as familiar to me as my kids begging me for Ring Pops as I stand in line at the grocery store.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I'll recommend you contact ProFantasy Tech Support directly with this. They might be able to work with you to get this sorted out.
  • I get exactly the same problem with cc3 AND ft. Ive done all the recommendations to do with vista and they randomly crash and I cant save to jpeg or bmp.... a right pain!
    To add to the problems every now and again my map becomes corrupted as well so I cant open it! I have to have 2 seperate back up copies on different drives :(
  • For map corruption, save as, not just save to the same filename. Save as to filename001, do a few minutes work, save as filename002, etc. If one map goes bad, or you change your mind on something major, you can go back and branch off to another map style path.
  • Posted By: rikskiI get exactly the same problem with cc3 AND ft. Ive done all the recommendations to do with vista and they randomly crash and I cant save to jpeg or bmp.... a right pain!
    To add to the problems every now and again my map becomes corrupted as well so I cant open it! I have to have 2 seperate back up copies on different drives :(
    I am able to reproduce a crash regularly with my custom border based on the template from CA23 on a Parchment map from CA06. I was using the Overland CC3 Borderless sheet setup. The only thing I put on the map was the border. I enabled the sheet effects as I wanted to see how the border looked as a JPEG. I saved the JPEG. I saved the JPEG again saying yes to overwrite. The application crashed as it was rasterizing the map. It keeps crashing each time I tried to save a JPEG, even after I delete the original one. I then saved the map as a BMP and it saved. I then saved the map as a JPEG and it saved. I then tried to save the map as a JPEG again and it crashed as above. I did the above steps and got it working again. If the map crashes when saving as a JPEG or BMP make sure not to overwrite the one on the drive already. If it is crashing for both JPEG and BMP, you still could try the PNG.
  • I've had this problem so many times, I've nearly stopped using the app. Instead what I have done is made smaller less detailed maps. Seems with every detail I add, I only make the problem worse. Too bad too. I had some really high hopes. I guess it's better than hand-drawing something over and over.
  • 1 month later
  • Yep my poor desk has taken a beating this week. Although I save every five minutes going back to try and remember all of the changes or additions I made can be a real pain. Would love to see some help on the stability end of the program
  • I have the same problem. On my laptop, when I click save as to save as a jpg, png, bp It crashes (not counting the just as, if not more annoying random crashes) So I always have to copy the files and go to my desktop which runs XP to do a save as