Implementing Windows 7

My computer Is getting old, slow, & worn out so I'm intending to get a new computer with Windows 7 on it as soon as it is generally released - I know developers have had it in hand for quite some time. Since I'm not a masochist Vista is not an option. I happen also to be working on a major project for GHQ miniatures involving two dozen maps/illustrations using Profantasy so far. Plus there is all the previous work I've done for Baccus6mm & GHQ over the past few years. I don't want to lose access to the old material or have problems with the current project when I cut over.

1) What is the current state of compatibility between the Profantasy software & Windows 7?

Further complicating the issue is I live in a very remote area of the Pacific Northwest Rainforest on a north slope surrounded by 200 foot plus high trees densely packed together. What this means is no cellphone (Amen!), no TV (Valhallalujah!), but unfortunately no Highspeed internet cconnection (cable doesn't run out this far, & I can't see the satellite in the Southern Horizon). I'm stuck on very slow dial-up, with bears & cougars, occasionally digging up the phone line (I'm not joking!)... Massive downloads are out. Heck I couldn't get some of the Annuals for them being too large. Obviously my reload is going to be a nightmare. So my second question is:

2) Will updates needed for Windows 7 be available on cd?

Also since Developers have had access to Windows 7 for some time now my third question is:

3) What problems have been noticed implementing Profantasy on Windows 7?

Tusen Takk,
Sven

Comments

• 18 days later
  • I have been using ProFantasy software on Windows 7 for the past 2 months. So far I have not encountered any problems with either FT Pro, nor CC3. I will let you know if I should ever encounter any problems what so ever.

Greets, frag!