Printing and exports

Hi

I have created a few maps now and I am pleased enough with them to start putting them into other documents, particularly Inkscape and Adobe Indesign. The problem I amhaving is the export of the image seems to only export at 72dpi if I use PNGs (which is by far the most useful export). This is just not high enough resolution for printing. Is there a way of increasing this resolution, or does BMP or JPG allow for higher?

Thanks

Comments

• Have you explored the Options (there's a button for it on the export dialog). It's really easy to miss, but it will let you set the resolution. Be aware the a number of people (myself included) have trouble exporting at high resolutions. But other people do it without problem.

Post if either you cannot find the options, or they cause you problems.

Steve
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited September 2009
    At the moment CC3 cannot set the dpi value on its own. But you can simply export at a larger resolution and change the dpi in bitmap editors like Irfanview, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop.
  • In my file menu there is no "export" but a "Save As" option. This has an options menu which has a bitmap size option, but no DPI

Ralf - As I understand what you are saying is
    Save As -> PNG -> options and choose a large bitmap size then edit in Gimp/similar and change resolution there?

Will give that a go - Thanks