CC3 + CDPro for CC2...

Hello. I'm Spanish; not speak English well ... I CC3 and "City Designer Pro" for CC2pro: CDPro is compatible with CC3? Because I have both installed, but I can only work with CC3 but not CDPro ...

Comments

Download the Compatibility Updates for the add-ons you own a copy of. Install.

The CC2 version of City Designer wont work with CC3. You have to use the Compatibility Update, which is on the upper right of the registration page when you login.
  • 7 days later
  • I have had the same issue attempting to get CD2 to work with CC3. Even after attempting to install the update and then CD2, the install fails. The CD2 install wizard asks for my CC2 directory which obviously does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • sdavies2720sdavies2720 Traveler
    edited September 2009
    The instructions/naming of the Compatibility Update is a little confusing: If you have CD2, and CC3, you should install CC3, then install the Compatibility Update for CD2. Don't go back and install CD2. As you found out, it won't work.

What is confusing is the compatibility 'update' is everything you need to install. You just need your registration code from CD2 to make it work.

Don't forget to run the CC3 updater when you're finished to bring CC3 up to date.

Steve
  • Correct. You should only install the compatibility updates into CC3, not the earlier add-ons.