Possible "installation help" problem?

Well then, I'll probably show off myself as a stupid person with this topic, but anyways...
I recently bought a new PC, and wanted to reinstall my Profantasy software correctly. So I searched in the technical help for the right information. Here is what I found for my situation (CC3 with some old and new add-ons):

-----------------------------
CC3 and older add-ons

1. Install CC3 into its own folder
2. Skip compatibility updates that you have the CC3 versions of (DD3, CD3, SS1v3, SS1v3 or Cities!).
3. Download and install the patch available from your registration page.
4. Install the remaining compatibility updates (Character Artist, Dioramas, Perspectives, Cosmographer, Symbols Set 3) in any order.
5. Now install any version 3 add-ons you have (DD3, CD3, SS1v3, CC2v3 and SM:Cities!) in any order.
6. Download and install the patch again. It is available from your registration page.
-----------------------------------

I've to point out that my english comprehension might not be the best, but the only point that are completely clear to me are points 1 and 5. I'll write down my doubts point by point:

2. Skip compatibility updates that you have the CC3 versions of (DD3, CD3, SS1v3, SS1v3 or Cities!). ---> Ok. Clear enough hat I have to skip compatibility updates for the "3" add-ons. But what I actually have to do? Nothing? Install older add-ons whitout patching anything? Any particular order?
3. Download and install the patch available from your registration page. ----> Patch for CC3 I imagine.
4. Install the remaining compatibility updates (Character Artist, Dioramas, Perspectives, Cosmographer, Symbols Set 3) in any order. ---> only the compatibility updates because the add-ons are installed in point 2? Or add-ons PLUS updates?
6. As for 3

That's it! I'm sorry for the silly questions but I still think that the installation guide could be a little improved in its clarity ;-).
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    2. Yea. You do nothing at this step (Except perhaps identify which compatibility updates you will need to install later)
    3. Yes. Currently Patch 7
    4. Only the compatibility updates for updates which you do not own the V3 version of. You will never be installing the actual older addons that haven't been upgraded to V3 status yet, as the compatibility update is the complete setup for that addon.
  • Thank you Monsen!
    This definitively clarify the whole thing. The info about the compatibility updates being the full setup is worth a million by itself :-)
  • Just a last thing: I bought the add-ons well after the compatibility update became available. The files on my CDs are still the old ones or they have been updated to the "compatible" version?

Thanks again
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    No. The versions on the cd's are still the old CC2 ones, so you need to get the compatibility updates from your Registration Page.
    (That is, for all non-V3 version you bought. The V3 versions are of course the proper CC3 versions, which does not require compatibility updates)