Print Margins

Hi,

I'm a new CC3 user and am attempting to print a tiled (3x2) overland map to my printer. My printer can not print to the edge and I could not find any margin settings. This leaves my print out missing a section of the map. The only solution I see is attempting to guess a suitable overlap percentage that fills my printer's required margin.

It's a complicated application so I am hoping someone knows of a better way.

Thanks,

Tony

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2008
    This information should be provided automatically to CC3 by your printer driver. CC3 prints to the max allowable size the printer driver reports it can handle.
    My printer isn't able to print to the edge either, and I am completely unable to reproduce your problem on any of my printers. Even with a 0% overlap, the pages matches up perfectly with no missing data.

Make sure you have the latest patch for CC3 though (3.20), as I don't know if earlier versions works properly. You should also make sure you have the latest printer drivers.

Also check your scale settings. They shouldn't have anything to say for this problem, but to make sure your entire map gets printed, you should either use "Fit to page", or make sure you have told it to use enough sheets for the tiling to print the entire map at the scale you specify.
  • edited April 2008
    Hmm.

Ok, so it's supposed to respect the margins, that's good to know. I have the latest drivers and just purchased CC3 yesterday so I should be current. I do have CC3 running in XP/Parallels on a Mac so I'll put the Viewer app on a dedicated XP system and see if it prints my map better.

Thanks.

[Edit]

The printer I am trying is horribly old as well, so I'll try a newer one when I get a chance.
    Did you download the patch after buying CC3? I don't think the installer you get when buying it contains the latest patch (Help->About. If the CC version is less than 3.20, get the patch from your registration page
  • Nope and you are right. It was 3.11, I'll update and try it again.
  • I've updated my install and tried it again. It works now, thank you very much.

Btw, I also tried it with the viewer and that worked as well.
    Good to hear. Enjoy CC3, and welcome to the forums as well. Feel free to ask more questions, or to post your work with CC here.