Can't locate DD3

I recently purchased both CC3 and DD3 and installed them both. I've created my first overland map with CC3, but I can't seem to find DD3 anywhere on my computer. I tried opening CC3 and looked for a DD3 icon to launch the dungeon software, but couldn't find it. When I attempted to "reinstall" DD3 it said it was already installed. Can someone point me to an instruction manual or provide me with tips on how to launch DD3? Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you didn't install the latest patch (Patch 7) AFTER the DD3 installation, start by installing it (Available from your registration page).
    Then, if the DD3 icon still doesn't show up in the toolbar, run the CC3MenuConfig.exe file found inside your main CC3 directory. This should set up your menus.
  • Ok. I installed the patch 7, and tried to run the CC2MenuConfig.exe file, but double clicking on it didn't do anything. I still have no DD3 icon within CC3. I did notice on my C: drive that I've got a folder called MapArt that contains a bunch of DD3 file folders labeled like DD3 Color Creatures, DD3 Color Debris, etc... Is it possible I installed DD3 to the wrong folder? Where should DD3 be installed to? Thanks for your help.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmm. Looks like you only installed the DD3 artwork. I don't have the installer in front of me now, so I don't remember the exact screens, but basically, somewhere during the install you are offered to install the artwork only. This option is for people not owning CC3, who only wish to have the DD3 artwork for use in other applications. You should try to reinstall DD3, and taking care of not selecting this option. As for install location, when installing properly, DD3 will automatically install into your existing CC3 directory.