New User and CSUAC

I have a question about CSUAC. I downloaded the pack last night and I don't know where to place the files.
A pdf says I should place them in the symbols folder CC3\Symbols\CSUAC, and the fills in the CC3\Bitmaps.
But do I keep the files in their seperate folders or do I place all of them in the CSUAC folder?

Also, is it possible to create files with the .FSC extension? It would be more convenient to place all the dragon images in a single folder, and create a file dragons.fsc to load in the program, instead of having seperate folders for black, blue, red, ... dragons.
Right now the png files are placed is the :CC3\Symbols\CSUAC\BL1_CC3_Creatures\Art Files, while the .FSC files are placed in the CC3\Symbols\CSUAC\BL1_CC3_Creatures path.

What should I do so I can have the creature images available throught the skirmish symbols?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The folder structure from the archives should be kept as it is, just extract the archives into the #CC3\Symbols\CSUAC directory. The paths you list in your second paragraph are correct.

Yes, you can make .fcs files. There are several ways of making this. One easy way is to just create a new drawing, add all the symbols you need to it, and then go to the symbol manager, and save those as a new symbol file. I already have one for the dragons though. I'll attach it to this post.

As for making them available through the skirmish symbols, you have to edit symbol catalog settings. Hit the symbol catalog settings button image, click "Advanced", and define a new setting. The setting name should be "DD3 Color Skirmish descriptivename" for the filter to pick it up. Personally, I fount this to not work ideally because of the different styles, so I opted for creating a custom menu file instead, found here: http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=332&page=1
  • Thank again for your answer. You've helped me a lot with the explanation you posted. I want to thank you also for the file with the dragons.
    Be well.