New User CC3 Questions

I am new in cartography and just two days ago a friend came home with the CC3 and told me to give it a try. The following days I think I 'll buy it myself. It is a great program, and some tutorials in youtube by Joseph Sweeney were very helpful. (By the way I love his accent). I hope he will create some more with advanced techniques.

The questions I have are the following three:
1. I've noticed that when I rotate an object (a bench or altar) by 90 or 180, the objest seems to a little off by a pixel. When I rotate it to its original position it's OK. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Let's say I have four pillars around a fire. Their shadows would face away from the fire, each towards a different direction.
Is there a way to change the angle of the shadows from objects? Even if I have to place each pillar in a different sheet.
I know it is just a minor detail, but I really want the map to be perfect.

3. I would like to have torches in the map that have an illuminating effect around them. I tried placing the torches in the ILLUMINATION sheet I created.
Then I chose a glow effect and selected a light yellow color. I moved the sheet above the WALLS sheet, so the light from the torches won't cover the walls, but then another problem came up. The effects from the walls, like wall shadow and glow(black color) were covering the light from the torches. I thought of creating an extra sheet for the wall effects, and place the ILLUMINATION sheet between the WALL sheet and the the WALL EFFECTS sheet. This way, the torches will be under the walls and at the same time above the wall effects. I don't know if that works but I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have a solution?

P.S. Sorry for my English, but I'm not American or English.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Welcome to CC3!

1. Don't know

2.&3. there is a full assortment of light effects described in the Annual 2008 I can only advice you to buy if you can afford it. Otherwise, you can use the Help on Light but the Annual includes a menu, example, and better explanation.
    Posted By: vhailor2707P.S. Sorry for my English, but I'm not American or English.
    You're not alone!
  • 1. Don't worry. Once you render the scene, this effect dissapears. Make sure that your bitmap quality is set to very high (right click the sandglass symbol on the left side of the screen and then select display speed).

PS Indeed, you're not alone...
  • Sorry... I have to change the above statement: The problem indeed occurs. I looked at zoomed-out renders when I wrote my initial answer... Sorry about that. Looking at a map in close-up mode, I'm under the impression that CC3's rendering engine does not support antialiasing... but I'm not sure...
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi there!

Number 1 should be a problem fixed by Patch 7. Did you download and install the latest patch from the registration page on profantasy.com?

For number 2 and 3, take a look at the help entry on "Light Sources" (also included in Patch 7). You'll find an explanation of Lights and their commands in there.
  • Thanks a lot for your answers. I see it is a very active community.
    No, I haven't downloaded the patch yet. As I said the program belongs to a friend who brought it so I could take a look. I just have it for a couple of days and I didn't search for patches.