CC2, Unable to specify Scale of Symbols

I don't know what setting I messed with, but the last time I was working with CC2 (a year ago?) I was able to type out exact percentages for X and Y for scale. Now when I do, and save the change or even click out of field, it reverts to 1.0. When I try to use the Ctrl key to resize, it does so in large increments, even when I have Snap to grid turned off.

These are the steps I'm following:
1. Click on a symbol from the catalog
2. Right click on the Canvas, brings up the Symbol Parameters window
3. Independent X and Y = Unchecked
4. Set X and Y to .75
5. Click into the Rotation Value field

The Set X and Y field reverts to 1.0

I know this software is legacy, but I don't have the money to upgrade to the newest version. Anyone know what setting I need to adjust to stop this behavior?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    What are your locale settings in Windows? I know I used to have this problem in CC2, because my locale settings specified a "," as the decimal separator, while the English language uses the ".". If you are using a locale with a different separator, try using that one instead, OR access your regional settings in windows and change it to the standard English version (".").
    I thought this issue was fixed though- Are you running the latest patch (UU8)
  • My regional settings are set to English (United States). Numbers are expressed like: 123,456,789.00

Running Versio 6.12 dated 8/27/02

I'll see if that's UU8
  • Typing values in numeric dialog boxes does not work

Description

I type a numeric value into a dialog box (e.g. print scale and text properties) but, when I move the focus to another control, the value reverts to what it was before.

Solution

Uninstall the Microsoft Security fix KB824141. This can be done from Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Removing that one update should fix the issue, and the problems the update addresses are better fixed in a later update.

On removal, the patch will warn that some programs may not work afterwards. Ignore this. Everything will work properly.

This patch has also been associated with a bug that causes Windows power management to work incorrectly.

I looked, and don't have KB824141 installed, actually none of my security updates precede KB887742