Advanced city drawing tools

Hi all

When going into the advanced options for city drawing tools with the intention of creating, say water of a different shade to default there is an option to use a colour from the colour palette. However, it dosen't seem to work - the default colour remains. How do you create and save colour variations?

I can use the 'use current properties throuought' box to temprarily change colours - but I want the program to save the new templates -- what am i doing wrong?

any help - much appreciated

Comments

• I usualy clone the drawing tools selecting a tool near to what I want in the advanced thing and clicking new. Don't forget to click save. Be careful on what you edit, the outline or the main thing (properties). Sometimes *outlines* are full polygons getting on another sheet, under the main one. For example, the outline of a street is a line wider than the line from the street but still in solid fill, so technically it's not an outline.

If you want to create your own set of tools, you must first use your file browser to navigate to CC3\System\Drawtools and create a new folder with the name of your home tool style. Copy there .dto from other folders or use CC3, select that set of tools on advanced and start from scratch because it will be empty of course.

Hope that helps.
  • Many of the default tools are using bitmap textures for their fill style. If you want to use a color from the palette then you need to make sure your fillstyle is set to "Solid." This will draw the object as a solid fill and use the color the you have chosen.

This is if I understood the question properly.
  • thanks keith - thats the solution.