Greetings and Question on using Coordinates

Hello Everyone Let me preface this and say i am quite new to this program but im excited about getting started. I've looked over the video tutorials but they were more for how to create a map from scratch. What I have is a list of X and Y Coordinates of major landmarks, including lakes, rivers and mountains. I want to quickly map out the major landmarks and then carefully add in detail over time. I have all the Coordinates in a CSV file.

I stumbled upon the point command but im not sure how it works entirely and it can only accept one X Y Coord at a time. Is there a way for me to mass import all the Coordinates. All im looking for is a symbol at every Coordinate as an overlay. then i will add the appropriate symbol over the correct point.

Also unfortunately the coordinates have negative numbers. Coord (0,0) is the center of the map not the bottom left like CC assumes. Is there a way for CC to place (0,0) at the center as well? If not then i have to modify my data so that everything is postive and that would be a pain.

I would like to thanks everyone in advance, I know there are alot of you how are great with this program and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

Best Regards,
Takamori

Comments