Crash Selecting Symbol

My installation of CC3 has been working well for a month or so. But I'm trying to create a new symbol catalog to make some additional Pete Fenlon symbols. I go into the New Map wizard, select either "Blank Overland Catalog" or "CA Overland Symbols" (Both cause the crash), and select all the rest of the defaults.

When I select my first symbol (to place it on the map as a scale and color reference), CC3 crashes.

Any thoughts what might be going wrong? The symbol is big (in the default view I'm zoomed to where the symbol will cover the whole screen). I never get a chance to place the symbol -- the crash happends when I select the symbol from the catalog. It happens whether I select one from the "CA13_Mountains" catalog or the "CA14_More Fenlon Symbols" catalog. I'm running Vista on a laptop with 4 gb of memory.

Thanks!
Steve

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2009
    I tried to reproduce the issue, but I am unable to. Since I am not running Vista, it is probably either a Vista specific issue, or a problem with your installation. Have you tried contacting ProFantasy Tech Support

Also, have you tried just using an existing template, instead of using the template wizard? Does that make a difference. Also remember that any map can be used as a symbol catalog, so if this only happens with the symbol catalog templates, a workaround might be to just use a blank map template instead.
  • Ok, I played around again. I moved from the map I was viewing to another map, saved it, then opened an existing symbol catalog. That one I can work with (selecting symbols and placing as needed).

I'm guessing there was some interaction or problem with the map I started from. I now have (at least) a work-around.

Thanks,
    Steve