Campaign Cartographer and Slate PCs?

I'm about to get one of these computers and I was wondering if anyone has tried CC with the WinXP Tablet operating system?

Comments

• I have. I'm currently using Vista x64 Tablet and it is wonderful! Just make sure that your pen calibrations are accuate.

Though I found that a lot of the keyboard shortcuts are really nice to have handy so I either use an external keyboard or don't use the pen. But it does work and works nicely.

I've been a huge proponent of Tablet PC's for years now. Could never go back to a non-touch screen computer.
  • edited August 2009
    >I have. I'm currently using Vista x64 Tablet and it is wonderful! Just make sure that your pen calibrations are accuate.

I've just installed the Win 7 release candidate on a second partition and am *very impressed* with its handwriting recognition and correction capabilities. It is huge leap forward over XP and seems to run smoother than XP as well. Anyway I'll be trying CC3 on Win 7 soon, so I'll let everyone know how I get on.

>so I either use an external keyboard or don't use the pen.

You might be able to use that pen again, if you get yourself a FrogPad and make it wearable. I think their USB version has a bug in it and their email support is nonexistent, so check their forums.

>I've been a huge proponent of Tablet PC's for years now. Could never go back to a non-touch screen computer.

I feel the same way. I've had my Motion LE1600 for less than a week and have fallen in love with it. These things give you true mobility, in that you can escape the dreaded desk and work on the couch, standing up, or in an easy chair. I am also using it to read e-books in bed. Try doing all of that with a laptop. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Something that just occurred to me, is you don't need a FrogPad or keyboard if you use ritePen with your tablet, because they say can you associate key presses with any shape that you invent. They also claim to have a different profile for each program used, so if it works as I hope it does, you would not need a keyboard to use CC3 with your slate. I will investigate this as well.