Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

I visited the castle Frankenbourg (near Selestat, France) a few weeks ago and after some research and a lot of assumptions made the following with CC3.
    I still have to plan the old tower and the square tower but couldn't resist the temptation to show you what I've completed so far.
    • CommentAuthorGandwarf
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    You are doing some very cool stuff with CC3 Joachim. Did you do the boarding detail in CC3 as well?
    Thanks for your comment!
    Yes the hoarding was also done with CC3, not using the perspective addon (I'v my eyes set on it, though). It's pure vector work and you need some basics about perspective.
    The versatility of CC3 is huge. I like to play with symbols (even if placing them is something I must practice on) but I also like to do pure vector work with lines.
    I hope I'll be able to finish the Guide to Castle Frankenbourg soon as I've maps waiting completion for my RPG campain.
    Old keep done!
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    Once again Joachim, very impressive work!
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    Impressive. I like it a lot.
    Thanks, guys!

The CC3 work is almost over and I'm in the process of writing the guide...
    Here's a teaser:
    DUDE! Seriously, that is grade a material right there - I love it. Without a doubt it should be a map of the month or something; it's awesome.
    • CommentAuthorMogul76
    Fantastic maps, Joachim. I’d love to see some tutorials. Perhaps in one of the Annuals?
    Thanks a lot.
    I'll see if I can find some time to do a tutorial. What gave me the idea first was the cave annual (one of the last of 2007 I think)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009 edited
    I have uploaded the pdf for download here:

• CommentAuthorpvernon
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    I got a 404 file not found. :(
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    I found a typo in the filename and fixed it.
    Sorry Jim, still doesn't work...
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Sigh. Okay, I got it fixed now. I kept looking at the front of the filename. It is a zip of a pdf, not a pdf file.

1.9 megabytes.

My apologies.
    Thanks a lot!
    • CommentAuthorDAT
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    This is one of the best examples of CC3 vector and perspective work that I have seen. I have had CC3 for a a little while now and have been so focused on learning to do effects-heavy floorplan drawings that I forgot it could do more traditional CAD-type work as well. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you Joachim for posting this wonderful work and thanks to JimP for hosting the completed PDF file.

I am now really motivated to practice some vector and perstective stuff. Maybe I'll do some simple Traveller style starships as I wait for Cosmographer 3 to be released...
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    You're welcome !
    Yes DAT, you're welcome. Glad that you like it!