Printing directional wall shadows (bug?)

I'm printing out my encounter maps to use as a battle grid, and I've noticed that if I tile an image across multiple sheets, directional shadows don't cross the sheet boundary. Is this a known issue? I'm attaching a scan of my printout as an example.

Comments

• kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    I think it's a product of how the sheet effects are created; I expect they're generated for each page separately. I've had the same results whenever an effect crosses a page.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    This sort of thing happens whenever the item that's casting the shadow isn't part of the displayed area. You can get the same effect by panning the screen image so that the item that casts shadows goes off the edge of the screen and suddenly the shadow will disappear. This behavior is a result of the image-based operations used in CC3 (if it's not in the image, it can't be affected by image effects).
  • edited August 2009
    If it helps anyone else, I figured out that a decent workaround for now was to set some overlap in the tiles.

Is there some reason why the software doesn't generate a single image for the whole print job, then break it into pieces before sending it to the printer?
  • I am not sure, but I think generating the entire image first might give some performance issues... but maybe someone from Profantasy can better answer this question.