Creating more room for stuff in my map

Is there a way to make the canvas bigger once a map has been started?
For example: I have a 1000x800 map and I want to enlarge it to 2000x1600, so there's room for more stuff.

If this is not possible, is there a way to copy all entities to another map, without them losing their sheet properties? I copied all entities in my map to the clipboard, but when I pasted them in a new map, all the entities lost the sheets I placed them in.

Comments

• Been experimenting with the scale function, but this is all new terrain for me and I have no idea if scaling is another way to solve my problem.
    I can scale my current map and create more size on the canvas. But I don't like the fact I lose my symbol scale (meaning I placed size 3 mountains and after scaling they are 1.8 for example).
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2009
    Just delete the border and create a new one further out. When you set the map size when creating the map, it is actually only the border position you set. Your drawing canvas is (practically) unlimited in size no matter what values you set.
    Make sure you delete/move all entities on the "MAP BORDER" layer though, as all the drawing tools that snaps to the map border will use the entities on this layer to determine where to "stop".
  • I feel stupid... how do I set a new border?
  • JoeyD473JoeyD473 Betatester 🖼️ 2 images Traveler
    Or create a new map at eh correct size and then import teh fcw of the old map. All objects should keep there sheets and layers, though I havn't done much experimenting with it, I know it works
  • Setting the new border is drawing a box or lines on the MAP BORDER layer. It's usually bright green (1) but don't need to be. The *real* map border should cover it.
  • Posted By: Joachim de RavenbelSetting the new border is drawing a box or lines on the MAP BORDER layer. It's usually bright green (1) but don't need to be. The *real* map border should cover it.
    I think it has to be bright green (color #1) for some of the drawing tools to work properly, like landmass drawing tools and other things that shouldn't cross over the map border. At least that used to be the reason that color was used - is that still the case? It's usually covered over with a black box or border, or a "fancier" map border.
  • Posted By: jaerdaphI think it has to be bright green (color #1)
    You're talking about the drawing tools *restricted to map border*.
    No it doesn't any more need to be green, so it can be part of the border itself but carefull how you use it.
    For example, draw to boxes on the MAP BORDER layer, one inside the other. The tools restrict to the inner box. Multipoly the two bow to create a frame, the tools restrict to the outer box...