Creating a new Symbol Catalog?

Ok, so in CC3 I have around 11 billion symbols to use and that's great but I've noticed that I tend to only use the same 12 or 14. Is there a way to create my own symbol catalog with only the symbols I use? I'm sure there is but in reading I saw things like "purge symbol" and started to get nervous that I would accidentally delete a symbol from the master/main list so if someone has a step-by-step or location to one, I'd appreciate that.
thanks.

Comments

• Purge symbol will only erase the symbols of a given map, not from your computer or CC3.
    If you want to make your own catalog, here is how I'd do it :
    Start a new map, whatever template.
    Open the symbol manager and PURGE symbols.
    Now open each symbol catalog containing those you want ( I suppose you have them on diverse catalogs) and put each symbol once on the map (no importance where). Be carefull with random symbols, like tree symbols for example. Click the + square to get all the trees from the list.
    Once you have drop all the symbols on the map, open the Symbol Manager, check that you've got everything, select all the symbols (click first, shift click last) and use Save as symbol catalog.

Bonus: you can erase all the symbols from your map, they're still in the manager. So you can save this map as your template and already have the symbols you need under the hand (use the green button over the symbols). Don't even need to save as a catalog.