Cursor Colour

Is it possible to change the colour of the CC3 cursor. I'm trying to trace a set of maps all of which have a light grey background, indeed the same grey that's used for CC3 cursors! I need some other colour that will give contrast so I can spot where the dratted thing is. At the moment I'm reduced to moving outside the drawing area to find out where the cursor is!

Thanks

Bill Howard

Comments

• Are you referring to the mouse pointer or the giant "+" used for drawing polygons and lines? If the mouse cursor, CC3 uses the standard Windows mouse cursor that is the default. Simply change the default cursor style to something more fitting for your application. If it is the "+" sign, I don't know but I can guess it's hard-coded into FastCAD (the foundation on which CC3 is based). It might be possible to make an applet that allows changing the "+" though.
  • I'm talking about the giant '+' used when tracing lines from a background map. I guess from wjhat you said that this isn't customisable(?)

Bill H
  • It's not yet customizable as far as I know, but I can add that feature request to the stuff we're working on over at the CC-tools-l group. This sounds like a good idea. I'll run it by them and see if it is doable. If it is, in fact, hardcoded into FastCAD, there might be very little we can do, but if it's some setting within the program, we mght just be able to "tweak" it.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    It is customizable. Type MCOLOR and type a colour number from 0-255 (excluding 31)
  • Wow! Thank you for that, Simon. I had no idea that command was in there. I will have to play around with that.
  • 7 days later
  • That's magic! Suddenly it all becomes visible again and I can put away my glasses!

Trouble is - I've just finished this batch of maps (all 150 of them!) but some more will be along shortly and then it will come in useful!

Bill H

PS CD3