New Maps, Input wanted

I've just finished a couple of new maps. I usually do DD3 battle mats, so delving into campaign and city maps is somewhat new for me. I would appreciate your input and critique.

Rhiannon_CC3

Abbadon_CD3

Comments

• The land map is nice. I just find the coast a bit chipped...
    The city is great. Are those trees symbols? Where did you get them?
    Your borders are beautiful !
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I like the maps too, the city map a little more than the overland one.
    - I think the coast could use some islands to make it look more natural.
    - The forests look a bit too regular. I think they could use a more random spacing of the trees and some clearing, dense parts, etc.
  • edited August 2009
    Nice maps! Although I agree with Ralf's criticism and like the city map better.
    Where did you get the border for the first map? From the annual?

I like the layout of the city map a lot, it looks very realistic. Good job on the roads as well.
    Some of the fields are a bit too thin I think and I was wondering why there's two stone bridges this close to each other? Stone bridges used to be very expensive, so they were quite rare. Oh, and I would have placed a smooth river myself instead of a fractal.

These are all just suggestions. I like the maps as they are.
  • Thanks for your input! You are right, the forests are too regular, the coastline does look odd, and the two bridges don't make sense. I love this forum because it helps to see things through the eyes of others. Again, thank you. I'll fiddle with these a bit more. :)

(The trees in the city came from the CSUAC, and the border for the overland map was a floor tile that I found somewhere, most likely from among the user art that Cecil hosts at the Gamemaster's Apprentice.)
  • Good maps.
    Especially like the city map.
    Think the fields in the city map needs hedges or fences.