Fractal Terrains & Political Maps

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a political map using FT. I know that I'll probably have to use Photoshop, but does anyone have any guidance on this? I love the program and I'm really just trying to figure out the best way to use it for that purpose.

Thanks!

Comments

• I've attached a sample file I did using FT and CC3.

Do you own CC3 ?

I exported the FT image and then exported the same FT window to CC3 only selecting the 0 contour.
    Then only CC3 work with a political sheet and transparency effect.

I suppose you could do something similar with Photoshop but you'll have to export a second png from FT with only one color for the land mass and white for the see and using two layers.
    ftt.JPG 78.5K
  • Thanks for the reply. I don't own CC3. But what you said about exporting two different PNGs from FT is a good start. I'm going to try that later and see if I can make that work for me. Maybe I need to get CC3, if that makes it easier to create political maps.

Thanks tons.
  • I usually get rid of all shading/gradients in FT to get a nice flat shape to work with and stitch together a panorama of screenshots in Photoshop (then tweak in Illustrator) to make my maps. Tends to work out pretty well:

th_Tth-map-pol-004a.png
  • 5 months later
  • tc -I figured out how to turn off shading but turning off the gradients is eluding me. Can you point me to the right tool/menu to handle gradients?