How do I alter a coastline?

I've drawn a landmass, and need to cut off a small piece where it looks weird. I don't see a tool for this? Also, this will be integral with my second map, which is an 'after cataclysm' map. It will be best done by just making a copy of the original, and moving the coastlines or however that's done.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Not an easy feat. If the landmass was drawn with the default landmass tool then it's a fractal object with a black outline which makes it two separate conjoined objects. Already difficult to manipulate. If you drew the object with the polygon tool then it's a bit easier. However, as long as you haven't gone too far already in designing your map I'd suggest you come at it from a different direction.

Rather than using the landmass tool to draw a island/continent over a Sea background, start your map with a land background and draw your oceans/sea over the top. This way when you need to "cut off" a small piece you can easily just draw more ocean to cover up the land you need to "erase."
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Sorry, I have to correct KeithC on this: The drawing tools have an "Edit" option. Simply restart the tool you drew the landmass with, and hit "E" for edit (the command line shows you this option). Then click the point on the coast you want to start your edit, redraw the section, right-click and choose the point your edit ends. Voila, your coastline is changed.

Hope that helps!
  • Wow, thanks Ralf! I've never had any luck modifying a fractal before.

His solution works very well and is incredibly easy, just pay attention to the command prompt at the bottom of the screen while you're reworking your fractal. The secret is the RIGHT CLICK before selecting the end node. I've always seen the edit option but never worked it through.