Changine the view causes entire map to disappear

Here's a strange issue.
This only started about 3 days ago. I'm working on a new CD3 map and sometimes when I change the view in any way (zoom in, zoom out, move the sliders, etc) the entire map goes white. The map appears to still be there, I just can't see it. The only solution is to reload the map.

Fortunatly, even when the entire map is white, I can save the map and then reload it so I don't loose any work but this is really frustrating. Any ideas?

Running Vista 64-bit, Tablet PC with CC3, DD3, CD3 and Annuals installed.

Comments

• bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    Well, scratch that last comment about it being just frustrating. I did a restart and now I cannot view the map at all. It loads as a green image that looks like it's zoomed all the way in. I tried zooming out to extents and it goes white. Every time. Looks like my map is fubar'ed.
  • You could have something outside the map border.

Click on the pencil eraser left side of CC3. Do a square select area almost up to the map border. If you select any entities, right click and select Do It. That will erase the entities outside the map border.
  • Hiding sheets /layers may help you locate outside entities and also show the map again with zoom extends. When you have it, look at the x,y coordinates on the upper left. When all gets white again, use the coordinates to avoid selecting the invisible map.

Say the map is from 0,0 to 800,600. A point at -15000,-9000 will yield what you got.
  • I have the same problem. It happens when maps get bigger, it never happens in my smaller maps.
    So I am zooming in and out and the entire city vanishes...

What always works for me:
    Closing CD3 and starting it again. Pan to another part of the city and zoom in and out from there.
    I tried the suggested items, but I couldn't find anything outside of the border. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't do anything, so I tossed the map and started from scratch.

Thanks for your suggestions though!
    (and have I mentioned how much I LOVE this software? I'm now making maps for no particular reason at all. Just because I can)
  • Posted By: bearclawI'm now making maps for no particular reason at all
    Almost the same here. I make the map/plan first and find the reason afterwards :))
    LOL!
    One of my players has said he's interested in running a game. My response: "Can I make the maps for you????"
  • Ha!

I'm gaming with my kids to make more maps!
  • 9 days later
  • I had a similiar problem and I spoke with the good folks of CC3 technical support. What I surmised was that it most likely is a graphics driver issue... what is your brand of graphics card and is your driver up-to-date, but then again... if it IS a driver issue in your case, just having a new driver that is current might or might not work... you might find that the manuf. of the card/driver made a change and you need an entirely different version then the most current. Play with that a bit... my problems are solved and this happened to me over a year ago I believe if my memory serves me correctly.

Just some thoughts, hope something helps.
  • There does seem to be a bug that occurs at random times. I often pan/zoom my maps only to have them occassionally disappear altogether as if the sheets/layers had all been hidden (but they are not). Zoom extents moves the scroll position all the way to the bottom right and no amount of moving/panning/zooming will bring the map back. You have to close out and reload.

I have just been drawing sea contours and had to scroll to the right to continue drawing when the same behavior reoccured - every layer/sheet disappeared, although my sea contour (unfinished) was still active. Of course, without seeing the land I had to quit the drawing of the contour and the piece that i had drawn was visible - everything else was not, however.

Zoom extents once again moved the map view to the most extreme bottom right and I could not get the sheets to show up again and had to quit out and reload.
  • I remember that one way to stop that was to not use the scroll bars to move the map.

Instead zoom out, then uyse the zoom window to get to a smaller area.
  • Yeah, that workaround works :-)