CC Maps and maptool by rptools.net

I am a new user of CC; I have both CC2 and CC3 though I use CC2 mainly because when I run a game I use core rules 2.0 software, and cc2 allows me to link encounters to points on the map (cc3 does not allow this at this time apparently). I recently discovered the program from rptools.net called maptool which is basically a networking battle map. I am sure many of you are familiar with it.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out a way to export a cc2 map into some usable format AND size to import into maptool for my players. The problem I am running into is when I export the map from cc2 I get a very small version of it so when I import it into maptools I have to zoom in to bring it to scale. This, of course, degrades the quality of the map for the purposes of using it in maptools.

Does anyone else use maptools in conjunction with CC? If so, how do you get your CC maps into maptools in a usable format? If you dont use maptools, can you think of a way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I don't know a thing about maptool but I'm surprised your export is small.

What extension do you use to export ? Jpg, Png, BMP ? All of these can be quite huge (your computer is the only limit) if you click on Option after Save As.

Am I OT ?
  • 6 days later
  • You're right, I was able to enlarge the export. I am using windows vista 64 and it was hiding the "Options" button under the help button on the save window. Once I realized that I was able to export them much larger. Thanks for the tip