CC3 Crashes. A LOT!

I have purchased CC3 few weeks ago and been playing with it a bit. What strikes me though is it is totally unstable. And I mean TOTALLY!

More details:

I run CC3 on two laptops:

Setup1:
Lenovo T61P Duo 2.6GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 2008 Server

Setup2:
Dell D820 Duo 1.83GHz
2GB Ram
Windows Vista

On both of them i experience random crashes. Most of them at least since now i have identified where it crashes almost always and when it always crashes.

Can't describe random crashes other than they happen while performing normal work - i.e. adding symbols and stuff - I can live with it since i learned soon to use ctrl+s.

The not so random crashes are when i try to save the map as image.

Here it usually depends on the map size / image size / sheet effects. Don't really know yet. What i do know is that saving as PNG/JPG is not working well on neither of the machines. Tried asking support about it but got no answer other than the image size i'm trying to save is too large (was trying over over 10k * 10k pixels). But as I said it's random. Sometimes I can export a 4k/4k image sometimes I can't. Same with the default resolution of 800/600.

Does anyone else have the same problems as I do? Is it the Windows 2008/Vista that's the issue or it's just how CC3 is?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    On my bigger maps crashing while saving is almost a given. There's a workaround though, using software like PDF Creator to print a map as a PDF and then convert to JPG for example. That way I never crash while saving and you can export some huge maps.

As for random crashes: I am using Vista, but on a powerful desktop computer. I almost never get random crashes.
  • Note that with PDF Creator you can export as JPG/BMP/PNG in one step. Click Option to set the resolution SAVE, SAVE again and change the file type.
  • Ah, haven't tried that yet. But haven't been doing any mapping for a few months :-)
    Thanks.
  • edited July 2009
    I already did contact the support, but after initial answer telling me that big maps will crash and my follow up question about random crashes, I got no reply in a week.

As a side note:
    I noticed last time on the same map I'm working on - the one that crashes a lot, that when it manages to survive the first few possible crash points then it's almost invincible :-)