noob symbols question

I've got pretty simple question. I have been working on a CD3 map and when I put in the nomad symbols (can't remember if shaded or classic vector) they show up fine in close up, but all in black if I zoom out. Is there a problem mixing the vector shaded/classic symbols with the bitmap a/b symbols in the same map? Is it normal for the smaller vector symbol to show up as black when zoomed out maximum? thanks for your help, this software is eating up all my evenings after work, it's great.

Comments

• Without loading up CD3 I'm just going to suggest something off the top of my head that may or may not have any bearing at all. Check your line and/or pen size. I know that If I make a multi-sided tower using the house tool and I forget to change my line size back to 0, I end up with a tower with a colored line around it. It's possible that you've got a similar thing happening with your vector symbols.

As I said, I haven't loaded up CD3 to test my theory so it might not help at all.
  • That's common with all vector symbols, perfectly normal.

If you export (save as) as a JPG file you'll see that the coarsness (?) of the lines doesn't appear.