Missing .png files

Hi all.
Just got my software (World mapper package - CC3, DD3, CD2/3 & FT) and have been messing about with it until I get a chance to actually sit down and go through the tutorials. Anyway, I downloaded some .png images from the Dundjinni website but they do not show up in any of my software.
I have some people/monsters and I've placed them in the following folder:
Profantasy/CC3/Symbols/Dungeons/DD3/DD3 Color.....
Once I put them in a folder (such as "Creatures" or "Statues, Temples and Idols (just as a test)) they are visible by following this path but if you try to find them in CC3 or DD3 it's impossible (as far as I can see).
Is there something obvious that I'm not doing?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2008
    CC3 uses symbol catalogs to manage symbols. Just putting them into a folder doesn't make them visible when you load a symbol catalog, even if the catalog's own images are in that same folder.

You can open a folder instead of a symbol catalog however (Make sure you have the newest patch for this to work), just hit the open symbol catalog button on the top of the symbol catalog window, browse to the relevant folder, and select any one of the .png file in it. This will open the folder with all the symbols within it, instead of a regular symbol catalog.

For symbols you use a lot, it is recommended to make a symbol catalog to add it to, as this lets you use all the options of the symbol catalogs, such as random selection from a set, random transformations, force sheet, etc... Opening a folder only gives you basic access to the symbols.

Note that it is also a good idea to use your own folders for custom content, and not put it into the same folders as CC3's own png's. Make shure you put your custom folders somewhere inside the "Symbols" subdirectory however)

There is a nice tutorial on the User Tutorials page describing how to make symbol catalogs from your png's. (Bottom of the page)
  • Thanks Monsen.
    I knew there would be a fairly simple way to do this, not knowing the system as well as you guys obviously do I was hitting a brick wall.
    Cheers
    :oD