DD3 symbols not showing up

I have no idea why this is happening, but none of the DD3 symbols show up when I go into DD3. They show up if I start a new file and state a DD3 dungeon. But if I then go to CC3 or CD3 when I go back to DD3 the only symbols available are from DDpro. Also when I click on the Geomorph symbol icon it opens a window looking for the Geomorphs catalog.

If I right click on the symbol catalog icons the only ones listed as well are the DDpro. I have installed the DD3 essentials pack as well and have checked that the DD3 color symbols are inside the CC3 directory and they all are, but for some reason no matter what I try they don't show up in the program except on my first launch of a new map. Any ideas how to fix this? I've looked in the user's manual but have found nothing use. Thanks!

Comments

• hmmm...yes for some reason I open DD3 all of the symbols for DD3 are there, but if I go anywhere else and go back to DD3 it reverts automatically back to the DDpro symbol packages and doesn't want to revert back to the DD3 packages...hmmmm....thanks for any help you might have :)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Right click on the "Symbol Style Toggle" button in the left toolbars, and select "DD3 Bitmap". This should cause the buttons to display the symbols in the appropriate style.
  • ah-ha! thanks Monsen, I was clicking all over the place, browsing the help file and books and scratching my head, i knew it was somewhere, for some reason i missed right clicking on that exact button...there is only a million of them to click :)) On to playing with essentials guides, just learned how to deal with erase+and erase+not and selection by specific attributes, that is really useful, was driving me crazy trying to delete entities and having it 3 delete all at once, this is pretty amazing software once you come to grips with it :)