Weird glitch - can't draw fractal shape past certain point

This is something very odd, and I did not see any other discussion of this---I decided to add a fractal land shape to my mostly finished map, when the fractal decided it did not want to render past a certain point. The mouse cursor follows upwards, but the fractal line itself stops, squaring itself off.

This is hard to explain, so here is a picture that hopefully helps illustrate the problem:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/deathquaker/gaming/images/mapdrawproblem.jpg

As you can see from the map, I did at one point draw fractal shapes beyond that point, but now it won't do it. You can also see that I can draw symbols beyond the point where the shape will draw itself (the mountains there I drew after I tried drawing the shape). This is about halfway down, in the middle of the map, so it's quite a large area it won't draw past. As far as I know there's nothing unusually resource draining on the map (I deleted some extraneous mountains just in case).

I tried restarting my computer but that didn't help.

I thought it might be my Wacom Intuos tablet which can get glitchy with certain things, but it does it with my regular mouse (laptop touchpad) as well.

For the record, if it's relevant, I'm running this on a system with Windows XP SP2, 2 Gigs RAM, and an NVidia GeForce Go Ultra Plus 6800 256MB. CC3 is fully updated, and I also have DD3, CD3, and the symbol pack from doing the survey (but this map only uses stock CC3 images). I'm not having any mouse/cursor/rendering issues outside this program.

Any ideas what's causing this? It's probably something obvious, which is probably why I cant figure it out.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi, this looks very much like you have a map border somewhere under there that limits your tool.

Hide all layers but the layer MAP BORDER and see what you can find. There's probably either some kind of entity on there that doesn't belong (move it to another layer) or you can see that the actual map border is too small for your map. In the latter case enlarge it so it matches your map again.

As a quick work-around, you can also disable the "restrict to map border" option of the drawing tool. From the tool selection screen, click the "Advanced" button, turn off the option and click "Save". You'll now be able to draw across the map border with that tool.

Hope that helps.
  • Disabling the "restrict to map border" on the drawing tool worked!

I couldn't find an entity on the layer, but it's possible I messed up the map border settings (I imported a file to trace over and I may have done something wonky in my subsequent adjustments). But at least now I know what to look for (and make sure I don't reset improperly) next time. Thanks!