Making Borders

CC3 Community. I'm trying to get my head around the software and would like to have create my maps using a near future, disutopian style border. I have the annual covering border decoration, however I've been able to find any resource that goes into how to change the border color itself.

I've attempted to draw shapes over the exisiting border on the map border layer, but when I try to add any effect like an inner glow, my shapes seem to disapper in favor of the standard brown border the Floormaps category has. Trying to get some insight before as frustration level continues to rise. Thanks all!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I'm no expert on CC3, If there is a better way to do this let me know ^^

Editing borders:

Goto your Layer "Map Border" and unfreeze the selection (Click on the F Box)
    Use the Change Properties tool to change the color / line style. Just click on the part you want to change.

Swapping borders:

Import / Draw your New Border on the Common Sheet using the old border as a guide
    Goto your Layer "Map Border" and unfreeze the selection (Click on the F Box)
    Goto your Sheets and select "Auto Hide All Sheets Except Current and Common"
    Select the Sheet "Map Border" (first box) and hit OK
    Select and Erase the standard brown border.
    Use the Change Properties tool (looks like a paint bucket with some colors under it, not to be confused with the Edit Properties button that looks almost the same) and select your New Border. Right Click "Do it"
    Select Layer box and change the layer to "Map Border"
    Select the Sheet box and change the layer to "Map Border"
    Unhide all your sheets.

-Avotas
  • Thanks for taking the time to walk me through the steps. Really appreciate the help Avotas!