An issue with CC3 viewer not being able to properly see my dungeon.

Good evening.

I've bought CC3 and a few other items primarily to aid in a play by email Gurps game. I recently spent some time making a dungeon map that has an oasis in the middle. I used the room maker, with a green grass bitmap floor. Threw down some tree, shrub symbols etc. Emailed them to my buddy expecting him to tell me it looks good, but he basically said that everything was just a dull gray. Seems like he could see the symbols, but not the grass colored floor.

Any suggestions?

On another note, is there a place where I could find (even buy) some overhead symbols of fighters, mages, elves etc? You know player characters.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• LatharionLatharion Traveler
    edited April 2008
    Did you send your buddy the .FCW file or a bitmap of the .FCW (like a .jpg or .png)? If it was the .FCW, which viewer was he using? The earlier viewers do not deal with the .png symbols used to make pretty green grass floors, etc, and those bitmaps are not included in the .FCW, instead containing a reference to the bitmap. For your friend to see the green grass bitmap, it will need to be included and viewed using the latest viewer from Profantasy (or alternately, CC3 itself can be used, or course). If CC3 was used to view the map, perhaps you used a bitmap from an expansion your friend does not have.

The Dundjinni forums have lots of symbols available for free. The site is...

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/default.asp

I am sure there are other sites as well.
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Thank you for your reply.

I sent him an .FCW file, and I think he had a relatively recent version of the CC3 viewer, since he just got it a couple of months ago. I guess, I'll have to get him to look for a more recent version perhaps.

I've looked at the dundjinni forums and they have a lot of good stuff, but since my buddy is having problems with his viewer, I'm shying away from using them. There does not seem to be a large amount of overhead player symbols out there. Perhaps because the CC pros think they require minimal effort and are not worth their time?

Thanks again!
  • I know I'm not an artist. If I drew overhead skirmish symbols, they would look like blobs.
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Oh, I hope I didn't sound disparaging. I'm not an artist either. I just mean... I look at some of the stuff out there, and it is super slick. I bet those guys don't want to bother with skirmish symbols.
  • pvernonpvernon Betatester 🖼️ 34 images Traveler
    Check symbol set #2 out.
  • edited April 2008
    also have a look here

www.dundjinni.com/art/user_art.asp

these should have png files that you could use in CC3 also. I know there was some top down ones made but I'd have to search the forums for some links

Cheers
    Corey
  • the forums also have heaps of user png's that would be of use if you are after top down versions for tokens and that type of thing.
  • edited April 2008
    plus try here www.rpgmapshare.com

they also have top down png's apparently.

sorry for the dundjinni message didn't read you previous post completely re the use of those pics.