Nominate your favourite store to win Up to $2000 in RPGs

Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
YOU can decide which store is America's Favorite Game Store, and make sure YOU get the chance to grab a freebie! Here's how it works:

Effective immediately, post on this thread to NOMINATE your favorite game store. Follow the format listed below. We will collect nominations for ONE WEEK. Effective midnight June 30, nominations end.

From July 1 to July 15, all nominated stores will be listed in a poll. Voting will last for TWO WEEKS.

Effective midnight July 15, the polls will close. Within one week of that, we will announce America's Favorite Game Store!

Simon Rogers of Profantasy Software and Pelgrane Press has agreed to participate as well! For the winning store, Simon will contribute ProFantasy's software (worth $650) and $500 worth of Pelgrane Press material, to include one of the very few limited edition leather bound Trail of Cthulhu, signed by the contributors, worth $100

Joseph will donate $5 of Goodman Games product for every vote cast for the winning store. If 200 or more gamers vote, the full $1,000 in product will be donated.

The fine print:
* Highest vote total for a store wins.
* One person, one vote. Please do not attempt any sort of ballot box stuffing. We will screen the results.
* To be eligible, the store must be located in the USA and carry Goodman Games product. Aside from that, any store that stocks enough game product to be considered somebody's favorite game store is eligible.
* The winning store's contact information will be publicly posted so that other publishers may contribute as well.
* The winning store will also be profiled in a future issue of Level Up.
* The free product will consist of recent releases; broad-interest titles like the Character Codex, DM Campaign Record, and Level Up; Free RPG Day releases from 2009 and 2008; and other titles at the discretion of Goodman Games. All free product will be current merchandise.
* The free product will be distributed at the discretion of the winning store, and may involve a selection process of some kind. It is our intention that the product be awarded as a mix of pure freebies as well as items that are free with a purchase of $10 or more at the participating store. There may be other restrictions as well, as enacted by the winning store.

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Here is the format to use for store nominations.

Store Name
    Store Contact Info (address, phone, web)

Then state what makes the store your favorite, being sure to touch on these subjects:

Product selection: Does the store carry a wide variety of games, including accessories, smaller lines, niche product, and all the basics?

Stock levels: Do they always have a copy of what you want in stock?

Events and community support: Whether it's Free RPG Day, Worldwide D&D Game Day, delve nights, Friday Night Magic, RPGA, local con support, or something else, describe how the store supports the local game community.

Play space: Do they have in-store gaming? Is there terrain for miniatures gaming? Do they run events?

Gamer outreach: Does the store represent our hobby well to the casual customer? Are they courteous advocates of gaming who behave to a high standard of customer service?

Other: Tell us whatever else makes you love this store!
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    I would like to nominate the following store:

Store Name: Game Parlor
    Store Contact Info:
    Chantilly Location
    Sully Place Shopping Center
    13936 Metrotech Drive
    Chantilly, VA 20151
    Phone: (703) 803-3114
    Fax: (703) 803-3115

Woodbridge Location
    Prince William Square Shopping Center
    14400 Smoketown Road
    Woodbridge, VA 22192
    Phone: (703) 551-4200
    Fax: (703) 490-1888

This store has two location in the local area and I would say it represents the core of what it is to be a friendly local gaming store. They carry an extremely wide selection of products ranging from boardgames, comics, card games, role-playing games, miniatures & miniatures games, etc., as well as hosting a huge gaming area for open gaming. Though their selection is wide and sometimes even esoteric (you can find some real out-of-print gems here), if they don't have a product in stock they will gladly special order it for you with no fuss, muss, or hassle. The only thing they do not offer as products are video games, but they do have a gaming section with networked workstations where players can indulge in computer gaming.

Weekends are always jam packed with people running games, from miniatures battles to cards games & role playing games, and during the summer you can expect a similar atmosphere during the weekday. The store offers gaming space available to all, but routinely there are organized events, such as Warhammer Tournaments, D&D Worldwide Gameday, monthly D&D gamedays, Magic the Gathering Events and a host of other games. They even have a smaller, closed off room for role-playing games that is available if you need a quieter atmosphere for your game.

The store is kept very clean, and tidy, and the product selection is very well organized. The staff is friendly and very helpful, and the owners are very inviting and helpful to the gaming community. The store offers a Thanksgiving Dinner for gamers in the local area during the Thanksgiving Holiday, and this past year they even hosted a New Year's Gaming Celebration with a dinner buffet, and all night gaming. They have a program to help the local community sponsor donation drives for local schools and charities, etc.

All in all, I find that the Game Parlor provides a fun and inviting place to both play and shop for games. It promotes a healthy family atmosphere where I can take my kids to play all kinds of games from board games to card games. If I don't have the kids tagging along I can indulge in some wanton miniatures violence against creatures from beyond, orcs, minotaurs or chaos cultists, or I can even organize a large gameday with multiple tables of people playing D&D in an RPGA event.

In my opinion this store should be a model of how friendly game stores should be. Please consider this nomination for my local area gaming store.

Thanks,
    -Vic Morales
  • 9 days later
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    Simon, any updates on this?
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    Bump, any word on this? I have not seen anything about this since the original message was posted. Where is the voting, etc.?
  • Yeah, by the time I saw this post, it was already July 12th or so. I have one I'd nominate, but it appears too late ... or too little?