Printing a Map to Poster Size

Anyone know of a company that prints poster-size maps from CC3 files? That have reasonable rates?

Comments

• Not specifically for CC3, but check out this site:
    Gamer Printshop
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    I would suggest using PDF Creator to make a PDF, and submitting that.
  • Hmm. Problem with Gamer Printshop, when you click on the order button or the contact us page, Page Not Found is what you get. :/
  • Posted By: Simon RogersI would suggest using PDF Creator to make a PDF, and submitting that.
    I wouldn't need to use PDF Creator since I have Adobe Acrobat Professional 9. What size should I save the map at to be printed as poster-size? Any suggestions?
  • This is Gamerprinter - the guy who runs Gamer Printshop. Yeah, the drop down buttons are improperly linked, but the other links on the home page work.

However, to print individual maps the site doesn't really accomodate for that, if you want me to print a file, you need to email the request to me.

Anyway, I print full color large format maps up to 36" x 50 feet, though I doubt you need anything that big. My price is a straight-forward $2.99 per square foot. So a 24" x 36" map will cost you $17.94 to print. I also offer optional lamination service its $4.50 for a 24" x 36", and then shipping either US Mail or UPS, whichever you prefer.

send me an email at support (at) gamer-printshop.com for your map request and we'll go from there.

GP
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    Gamerprinter, wish I knew about your site a few months ago! Do you ship to Canada?
  • edited June 2009
    I have shipped to Russia, Australia, Finland, throughout Europe, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Canada and the USA, so I guess yes is the answer!

I also offer a POD shop for maps for various publishers from E.N. Publishing to Open Design Project and many individual mappers too, that's what the broken link is supposed to point to!

I am also a pro fantasy cartographer, only I use mostly hand-drawn and vector drawing software, not ProFantasy, but I do have CC3, CD3, and DD3 so I can open those files and print them, though I prefer files converted to JPG, BMP, PNG or PDF files - sometimes trying to open a file with lots of sheet effects can be a pain to try to print.

GP
  • Cool, thank you very much, GP. :)