Using products on netbook?

I'm considering acquiring a netbook for gaming. What can I expect from ProFantasy's products in terms of performance?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Depends on the specifications. I haven't tried running it on a netbook, but I know CC3 loves memory, and the available memory might be on the short side in some of the lower-end models. Also, most netbooks uses a very weak CPU, which is by no means an advantage (Especially redrawing with effects on eats a lot of CPU time).
  • I realize a netbook isn't much for resources, and CC3 can be demanding. I'm thinking more along the lines of using a mainstream PC with CC3 and add-ons to construct the maps and using the netbook with the CC3 viewer to simply display the maps...
  • Displaying shouldn't be a problem I think.
    And if it doesn't work, you could always fall back on saving the maps as a JPG for example and displaying them in some other software that does run smoothly on the netbook.
  • Gandwarf has the right idea. I use a older HP laptop to display images when I'm on the go. I save as a rectangular section .jpg and set the options equal to the native resolution of my laptop screen. Not sure what your netbook will be but my laptop is 1024 x 768. Yes... it's that old. This works perfectly for me.