Creating a world with Profantasy

I recently purchased FT and CC3, I have tried to create a world using FT, but when I bring it to CC3 it is blocky.
Is it possible to take a map created by FT say with a 25000 mile circumference, then export it to CC3 and then zoom down to 1 mile scale or is this not viable.
How can you create regional maps (say 500 mile radius) then using those maps create local maps( say 10 mile radius)?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    After importing a map from FT, you may need to use the fractalise image command on the coastlines to add detail, as FT is designed for planetary views, not local zoom-ins. This is also the basic procedure when you are making a local map out of a regional map (and a regional map out of a global map). Remove everything outside the are you wish to make a local map from, using the cut and trim features to cut lines going outside the border of the new map. Use the fractalise command to add details to cost lines, borders, etc, then add other details that were not visible at the larger scale.

There is a tutorial on how to make local maps from regional maps in the "Map Maker's Chest". You'll find the link in the right-hand bar on your registration page.
    Posted By: djwilson2Is it possible to take a map created by FT say with a 25000 mile circumference, then export it to CC3 and then zoom down to 1 mile scale or is this not viable.
    Only by manually enhancing the map as decribed above (fractalice, add features, etc). FT maps will never be ready for this kind of zoom straight from the export.
  • Ok, that works. Thanks for the help Monsen. =)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome.

Happy mapping.