Adding a fill-style to the shields in the heraldry annual

i have try to add a fill style to the shields in the heraldry annual in hopes of finding a wood grained or wood plank fill style. i have not been able to get any fill style to work on the shields, by choosing the background layer and selecting only it and changing the fill style.
are these not able to be changed ? is there a wood grain or wood plank fill style that already exists ?

thanks for any information you can provide !

happy heraldry

Comments

• I think the shield designs that go on the BACKGROUND Sheet and DESIGNS Layer by default are actually symbols, and although there is varicolour option, that will only change the colour of the varicolor part of the symbol. As it is a symbol, you can't change its fill style unless you do something like executing the Explode command on it first.

It may be simpler just to draw your own shield shape as a polygon, which you can then adjust the parameters of to whatever you wish.
  • edited August 2020
    Thank you very much. I will look for the fill styles and hopefully show what i have come up with soon.

edit

If i find these fill styles or pics of the wood grains / wood planks, could they be made in to a symbol to be placed on top of the colour? like the designs of dragons and boars ?
    I might be biting more than i can chew but will give it a shot.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Wyvern is correct. The best thing to do would be to draw your own shield as a polygon on a new sheet in the background and fill it with the woodgrain style.

There are lots of wood textures to choose from if you look in the DD3 styles.

If you go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles, you can use search for terms like "wood", "floor", "pine" and "oak" to locate the relevant styles in their folders. Once you have found one you like go back to your map file and import the bitmap fill styles from that folder using Tools->Import bitmap fill styles, and adjust the scale of the fill you want by then opening the Fill Style Properties dialog and checking the Scale box and adjusting the height and width of the fill.
  • Awesome

Thank you - i will go work on that this evening
  • Than you all very much i am getting closer to what I'm looking for