How do I fill a curved polygon? (DD3, filling rooms)

I've made a room in DD3 that has a curved wall (made with the arc tool) but I can't recall how to add a floor to the room that follows its odd, irregular shape.

I can multi-poly the room, but if I do that I lose all the walls. Any hints?

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Perhaps your walls are being hidden by the floor you are drawing. Make sure you are on the FLOORS Sheet when you make your floor multipoly (and that your walls are actually on the WALLS sheet too).
  • DrammattexDrammattex Betatester
    Nah, whenever I multi-poly a set of walls with a bmp floor, the walls get erased even if they're on the correct sheets. I wonder if there's a different way to fill it that doesn't involve multi-poly? Or a different setting to prevent the walls from being erased.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not in front of CC3 now, but I think one of these should work:

1. Start the floor drawing tool, then use the trace function to trace along the curved wall

2. Make a copy of your set of walls, then place the copy on the FLOORS sheet and layer. Now multipoly this wall copy. Make sure you have the correct fill style set so that your new multipoly gets the appropriate floor bitmap fill.
  • Try hiding the WALLS sheet prior to selecting your floor. Because the center of the walls are on the edges of the floor it sounds like you're selecting objects from both sheets before you multi-poly them. If the WALLS sheet is hidden you won't select the wall objects and when you unhide it, they should come right back.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    I think KeithC has figured it out - it does sound like items on the WALLS sheet are being included in the multipoly.
  • DrammattexDrammattex Betatester
    Hey guys, it's Monsen's "trace" for the win! Once I could trace the arc, I didn't need to multipoly--just needed the floor to follow a weird wall.

It's strange--I'm used to using trace in overland mapping but as I do so few interiors it never occurred to me. This should make things a lot easier. Thanks a bunch for all the help!
  • I'm happy to hear that one of our solutions worked for you. Good luck on the rest of your map.