Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorCeeCeeDee
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Working in MS Overland and the tundra and farmlands wont scale up no matter what I do. Even if I scale after the fact which is a nightmare. In custom drawing tools advanced I can set the the sample width larger and it shows up in the preview and catalog view as larger but when I lay it in the map it is still the same smaller size.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

The sample width is just the width of the sample window, it is a setting that allows you to effectively see the results of the tool at different zoom levels, but it doesn't change the actual scaling of anything.

To change the scaling for a fill, click the fills tyle indicator in the top right, select the bitmap files tab, select the desired fill from the drop-down, and change the values under 'Scaled'.
    • CommentAuthorCeeCeeDee
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I am using the scaling option now but it is still not working. I am trying to set the trees in the Pine Forest Tool to be bigger. When I select the tool to try to change it before laying down forest the upper right bar where I would change fills just says FS: solid 20. I have spent hours trying to get this scaling method working. When I try to go in to change the fill after I grab everything under the trees as well on the darn map. When I try to isolate the sheet that the trees are on so I can grab trees to change fill there is nothing there but a gray blob. The trees are nowhere to be found on the sheets.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Those are symbols in that particular fill. If you want those to be larger then you have to adjust the default symbol size setting in the Drawing properties/Drawing presets dialog (top row of buttons). This, however, won't rescale any previously pasted forests.