Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorArcwynd
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020 edited

This is my first attempt at creating Dwarven mines in a dungeon setting. It was done using "SS2A Dungeon" settings and is 400x300 feet. Many of the symbols come from Munson's Mines AND another set called "Build A Mine Pack" offered freely at Patreon. I'm still working on my skills with dungeons (getting the walls, caves and effects working right), but I liked how much can be added just with the SS2A bitmaps. It was fun. Any critiques would be
    greatly appreciated!

The forge area

• CommentAuthorArcwynd
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

I need to add more textures and'/or symbols to the south "lawn" grassy area. The texture looks repetitive. Just noticed that. I need to stand back and look at the big picture more often.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2020

Even so, that's quite a map already! :D
    • CommentAuthorArcwynd
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2020 edited

@Loopysue, thank you! After we discussed making better walls, I just figured out how to create my fractal caves WITH walls already attached. What an amazing discovery! I'm working on another dungeon now in SS2A that (I hope) will be better. Astonishingly, the caves goes to the FLOOR sheet and the wall goes to the WALL sheet automatically. I'm stunned!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2020

You're welcome :)

The wall and floor drawing tools are usually set up to put both these things on their respective sheets and layers.
    • CommentAuthorjmabbott
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2020 edited

Nice map, hope your players enjoy it.

Drawing tools are great and learning how to make them is a key thing in becoming proficient - something I wish I'd done with my latest map...oh, well, you live and learn.
    • CommentAuthorArcwynd
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2020

JMAbbott, there are lots of things I've just learned in the last week that I would have done differently on this map. Profantasy has so many features, I've learned it just takes time and trying to do new things. Fun though.