Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Work in progress.
    Critiques requested.
    I used Annual Jon Roberts Map style.

My reservation for 900 miles by 1312 mile, is 3 time the size I originally calculated because I didn't show my work. I added another 200 miles of empty ocean to the west of the mainland for cartouches and legends. I plan on more versions, at least political, climate, elevation and historical and maps of smaller areas.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

This is looking great. I noticed that there are yellow numbers off of the right side of the map; did you intend for them to be there?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

A very nicely composed map, there, John, though I find the effects a little puzzling where you have chosen to switch off most of the Edge Fade, Inner sheet effects and then blur the desert. A blur makes everything fuzzy, while an edge fade inner blends the edges into the background without blurring anything.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on it :)
    Shessar - I deleted the latitude grid and redid it without labels - that got rid of the numbers outside the right edge.
    Loopysue - That just shows you how low I am on the learning curve. So I added inner edge fade. That gives me the same inner transparency and a smooth transition. That looks at least 100% better. I left the blur at minimum strength because it smudges the lines that define the top of the dunes.

Thanks for the help!