Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjmabbott
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2020 edited

On the overland map, Mike Schley style, I'm working on I have 2 areas where I need to have features sunken; a glacier in the tundra and a lava pit with lava streams in a badlands area. My thoughts are to put the tundra fill on a separate sheet and give it both the Edge Fade effect and the same effects (possibly turned down a smidgen) as the default land sheet then draw the glacier on its own sheet below (higher in sheet order), copy it and use that as a basis for the Colour Key effect. For the badlands & lava exactly the same process except the badlands fill will have a lighted bevel effect to show it's elevation (the high sides will have Mike's cliff symbols along the edges). Would that work do you think?

N>B: also on the FB group
    • CommentAuthorjmabbott
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

Resolved. Will either use standard contour like effects or the "Invert Colours" on the bevel rather than my overly complicated solution above, which may or may not look fantastic. Maybe I'll try it out on another project...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2020

Best way to try ideas out is to just make a small sample map to see how things turn out. If it looks good, you have another tool in your toolbox.