renaming the legend/key text

How do I do it? I've clicking into the text but nothing happens. I want to change it to something like Command Deck, and Cargo Deck.

Comments

• You might have it on a frozen layer. do List command (in the dropdown Info menu) and see where it is as regards sheet and layer.
  • it doesn't seem to be frozen.

How do I get to the panel that has three clickable boxes next to the layers?
  • Make hyperlinks visible (under view dropdown box), I think
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: HelenAAHow do I get to the panel that has three clickable boxes next to the layers?
    Just click the layer indicator in the status bar (The one starting with L: ).
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited July 2020
    Posted By: HelenAAHow do I do it? I've clicking into the text but nothing happens. I want to change it to something like Command Deck, and Cargo Deck.
    Just a warning: The FLOORPLANADD and FLOORPLANCOPY commands seem to operate from the actual text names in the list but those are not the file names created by the wizard. If you try to use either command after you have changed the text name(s) for a level things can get weird. If you plan to use these commands to manage (add, delete or copy) levels or copy entities to other levels of a multi-level map created from a wizard template you must not change these names.
    [Image_15287]

If you still want to change the level names (and don't plan to use the FLOORPLAN* commands later) you will have to use the clipboard to copy the changed names to each level. The best method I've found is:
    1. Hide all sheets except KEY TEXT.
    2. Change the color of the greyed out level name to black.
    3. CLIPCOPY all the text entities on that sheet except for the list title and "Go To" (key sequence: Ctrl-CT → (select "2D Text") → N → (deselect title and "GoTo") → D0,0 → <Enter>)
    4. Change the color of the current level name back to grey (248).
    5. Show all the sheets.
    6. For each other level of the map repeat steps a through f.
      1. Go to the next level saving the changes.
      2. Hide all sheets except KEY TEXT.
      3. Delete all the text entities on that sheet except for the list title and "Go To" (key sequence: Click Erase imageT → (select "2D Text") → N → (deselect title and "GoTo") → D)
      4. Paste the clipboard to the map origin (key sequence: Ctrl-V0,0 → <Esc>)
      5. Change the color of the current level name back to grey (248).
      6. Show all the sheets.
    7. Save the last level changed.
    arsenico13
  • I don't think I'll bother !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks though, DaltonSpence.